2019 Weifang Medical University Admission Brochure for International Postgraduates
Admission major and Numbers
The university plans to recruit 5-10 students. The enrollment majors are medical and related majors (please refer to postgraduates’ tutor list of Weifang Medical University), students will be granted a master degree, and the degree will be academic type.
School System and Teaching Language
The master degree study has to complete 3 years. In any case applicant’s study duration less than 3 years cannot apply for graduation.
The language of teaching will be either in English or Chinese.
1.Applicants with other nationalities other than Chinese should be under 35 year-old and have a Medical or Medical related Bachelor degree of a university. 2.Applicants should hold foreign passports, non-Chinese citizens.
3. Applicants should be in good health, have no illegal and criminal record.
4.Applicants should have passed the HSK4 or above, and have excellent academic performance in the undergraduate stage, and are recommended by two professors or associate professors.
IV. Graduation Requirements
Students should complete the prescribed courses and publish one paper in Chinese or English in official publications and pass the defense of thesis.
V. The Application Method and Application Time
Applicants must submit or send a written application to School of International Education of WFMU，or send an electronic application materials to the Postgraduate Admission Mailbox of School of International Education of WFMU. Application materials should be submitted before the deadline. Whether admitted or not, the applicant’s materials will not be returned.
Application deadline: June 30, 2019.
VI. Materials Required for Application
1. Fill in WFMU Admission Application Form for International Students and print out ;
2.Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original will be kept by themselves for school checking). The form should be filled in English. Applicants should strictly do physical check-up according to the items required in the form. It will be invalid if there are some required physical examination items that haven’t been done, such as no applicant’s photo, no connective seal on the photo, no signature and seal of physician and hospital. As the result of the examination is valid for 6 months, the applicants should determine the time of their physical examination by their own condition. Please bring the original reports to the university for enrollment;
3. Highest diploma and academic degree(notarized photocopy). (certificates in other languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translation versions in Chinese or English. New graduates must submit a pre-graduation certificate);
4. Study transcripts for undergraduate courses.
5.Personal statement. Applicants must submit self-introduction, learning experience, study purpose, research plan and career goals in Chinese or English. (Not less than 1000 words);
6.No criminal record certificate(Applicants with a bachelor's or master's degree in Chinese universities can request this certificate from them);
7.Chinese proficiency certificate (e.g. HSK-4 or above);
8.A copy of a valid ordinary passport.
9.Letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors in their undergraduates.
10.Applicants who have work experience should provide a notarized proof of work or other relative materials.
VII. Fees (CNY)
1.Tuition: ¥30,000/ academic year
2. In the first year, students can apply for Shandong Provincial Government Foreign Student full scholarship, ¥30,000. From the second year, the school will provide ¥15,000 per year by the form of academic scholarships.
3. Health Insurance: ¥600/year;
4.Accommodation: twin room, ¥5000/ academic year / person.
5. Medical examination fees, residence permit fees, etc. are charged according to regulations.
VIII. Admission and Notification
1. The school checks the applicant's application materials; Applicants who pass the checking will be allowed to take part in examination held by school.
2. Applicants need to bring the original application materials for verification when they take the university exams;
3. After approval by Weifang Medical University, the applicants will be notified and related admission materials such as the Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (JW202) will be issued.
IX Admission Time
September 2019(Time is subject to Admission Letter).
X. Contact Information
Contact: Mr. Andy and Ms. Carina
School of International Education, Weifang Medical University
Address: Room 450, Administration Building, No. 7166 Baotong West Street, Weicheng District, Weifang, Shandong, China
Tel: 86-536-8462232/33 Zip Code: 261053
Wechat Official Account: liuxueweiyi
Online Application System: http://wsglxt.wfmc.edu.cn/en/student/register